[Numpy-discussion] Duplicate functions

Mon Apr 12 17:52:04 CDT 2010

Hi All,

What do we do about duplicate functions? There are currently three log2's in
numpy, one ufunc, one ufunclike, and one in emath. The emath version isn't
automatically imported so I don't think we need to worry about it, but the
ufunclike version is imported after the ufunc version and shadows it. As
both of those functions look to behave the same I think we only need the
one. I see two alternatives: remove the ufunclike version or move the
ufunclike import * before the numpy.core import *. Thoughts?

Chuck