[Numpy-discussion] rc2 for NumPy 1.4.1 and Scipy 0.7.2

Francesc Alted faltet@pytables....
Wed Apr 14 08:08:37 CDT 2010

A Sunday 11 April 2010 11:09:53 Ralf Gommers escrigué:
> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the second release candidate of both Scipy 0.7.2
> and NumPy 1.4.1, please test them.
>
> The issues reported with rc1 should be fixed, and for NumPy there are now
> Python 2.5 binaries as well. For SciPy there will be no 2.5 binaries -
> because 0.7.x is built against NumPy 1.2 it does not work on OS X 10.6, and
> on Windows I see some incomprehensible build failures.
>
> Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
> http://www.filefactory.com/f/4452c50056df8bba/ (apologies for the flashy
>  ads again).

I've had a try at the new 1.4.1rc2 and my existing binaries that were linked
with 1.3.0 runs all the tests without difficulty (so ABI compatibility seems
good), but every time that a Cython extension is loaded, I get the next
warning:

/home/faltet/PyTables/pytables/trunk/tables/__init__.py:56: RuntimeWarning:
numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility
  from tables.utilsExtension import getPyTablesVersion, getHDF5Version
/home/faltet/PyTables/pytables/trunk/tables/file.py:43: RuntimeWarning:
numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility
  from tables import hdf5Extension
/home/faltet/PyTables/pytables/trunk/tables/link.py:32: RuntimeWarning:
numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility
  from tables import linkExtension
/home/faltet/PyTables/pytables/trunk/tables/table.py:38: RuntimeWarning:
numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility

I'm using current stable Cython 12.1.  Is the warning above intended or I'm
doing something wrong?

Thanks,

--
Francesc Alted