[Numpy-discussion] Math Library

James Bergstra bergstrj@iro.umontreal...
Wed Apr 14 23:32:11 CDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:
> could be put out of multiarray proper. Also, exposing an API for
> things like fancy indexing would be very useful, but I don't know if
> it even makes sense - I think a pure python implementation of fancy
> indexing as a reference would be very useful for array-like classes (I
> am thinking about scipy.sparse, for example).
>
> Unfortunately, I won't be able to help much in the near future (except
> maybe for the fancy indexing as this could be useful for my job),
>
> David

Hi, I am also interested in a pure python implementation of fancy
indexing... at least the array-type fancy indexing, if not the boolean
kind.  If someone knows of an implementation please let me know.  I'll
email the list again if I make any serious progress on it.

James
--
http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~bergstrj