[Numpy-discussion] Numpy compilation error

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Apr 16 22:24:11 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 20:56,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Pradeep Jha <jhapk@utias.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> before running the make command, it asks me to run the preconfig file. When
>> I run preconfig, I get the following warning message during the run:
>> checking for python2... /usr/bin/python2
>> Python command set by configure to  /usr/bin/python2
>> WARNING: NUMPY include dir
>> /nfs/carv/d1/people/pradeep/src/numpy-1.3.0//include/python does not exist.
>> setting NUMPY_INC_DIR to
>> /nfs/carv/d1/people/pradeep/src/numpy-1.3.0//include/python
>
> Is duplicate forward-slash legal in a Linux path?

Yes. It is ignored.

You need to set NUMPY_INC_DIR to
$PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES/numpy/core/include where $PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES
is the site-packages/ directory where your installation of numpy got
installed to. Note that this is not
/nfs/carv/d1/people/pradeep/src/numpy-1.3.0/.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco