[Numpy-discussion] Release candidate 3 for NumPy 1.4.1 and SciPy 0.7.2

Mon Apr 19 02:45:07 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to compile scipy with ICC (numpy got through correctly),
but I have issue with infinites in cephes:

icc: scipy/special/cephes/const.c
scipy/special/cephes/const.c(94): error: floating-point operation
result is out of range
  double INFINITY = 1.0/0.0;  /* 99e999; */
                       ^

scipy/special/cephes/const.c(99): error: floating-point operation
result is out of range
  double NAN = 1.0/0.0 - 1.0/0.0;
                  ^

scipy/special/cephes/const.c(99): error: floating-point operation
result is out of range
  double NAN = 1.0/0.0 - 1.0/0.0;
                            ^

compilation aborted for scipy/special/cephes/const.c (code 2)
scipy/special/cephes/const.c(94): error: floating-point operation
result is out of range
  double INFINITY = 1.0/0.0;  /* 99e999; */
                       ^

scipy/special/cephes/const.c(99): error: floating-point operation
result is out of range
  double NAN = 1.0/0.0 - 1.0/0.0;
                  ^

scipy/special/cephes/const.c(99): error: floating-point operation
result is out of range
  double NAN = 1.0/0.0 - 1.0/0.0;
                            ^

compilation aborted for scipy/special/cephes/const.c (code 2)

Matthieu

2010/4/19 Sebastian Haase <seb.haase@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> Congratulations. I might be unnecessarily dense - but what SciPy am I
> supposed to use with the new numpy 1.4.1 for Python 2.5? I'm surprised
> that there are no SciPy 0.7.2 binaries for Python 2.5 - is that
> technically not possible ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian Haase
>
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am pleased to announce the third release candidate of both Scipy 0.7.2 and
>> NumPy 1.4.1. Please test, and report any problems on the NumPy or SciPy
>> list.
>>
>> Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/
>>

>> Changes from RC2
>> ==============
>> SciPy: warnings about possible binary incompatibilities with numpy have been
>> suppressed
>> NumPy: - fixed compatibility with Python 2.7b1
>>        - marked test for complex log as a known failure
>>

>> NumPy 1.4.1
>> ==========
>> The main change over 1.4.0 is that datetime support has been removed. This
>> fixes the binary incompatibility issues between NumPy and other libraries
>> like SciPy and Matplotlib.
>>
>> There are also a number of other bug fixes, and no new features.
>>
>> Binaries for Python 2.5 and 2.6 are available for both Windows and OS X.
>>

>> SciPy 0.7.2
>> =========
>> The only change compared to 0.7.1 is that the C sources for Cython code have
>> been regenerated with Cython 0.12.1. This ensures that SciPy 0.7.2 will work
>> with NumPy 1.4.1, while also retaining backwards compatibility with NumPy
>> 1.3.0.
>>
>> Note that the 0.7.x branch was created in January 2009, so a lot of fixes
>> and new functionality in current trunk is not present in this release.
>>
>> Binaries for Python 2.6 are available for both Windows and OS X. Due to the
>> age of the code no binaries for Python 2.5 are available.
>>

>> On behalf of the NumPy and SciPy developers,
>> Ralf

Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Blog: http://matt.eifelle.com