[Numpy-discussion] trim_zeros in more than one dimension?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 21 08:36:24 CDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 18:45, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Andreas Hilboll <lists@hilboll.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> is there an easy way to do something like trim_zeros() does, but for a
>> n-dimensional array? I have a 2d array with only zeros in the first and
>> last rows and columns, and would like to trim this array to only the
>> non-zero part ...
>
> I think for your application it would be easier to use a subarray, something
> like a[1:-1, 1:-1].

Yes, but I think he's asking for a function that will find the
appropriate slices for him, justl like trim_zeros() does for 1D
arrays.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."