[Numpy-discussion] toydist: Using manually after build system now?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sun Apr 25 07:01:30 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn
<dagss@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> (The toydist manual says to use this list, so here I go...)
>
> Is it possible to invoke toydist manually to install something built
> manually with a build system?

This is not yet supported, but is basically the main feature for 0.0.3.

> How is the final .info specification
> supposed to look like when toysetup is coupled with a build system?

You will still only add sources (i.e. no modification will be done to
the .info file), like you would do in automake if you have some
autotools experience. Instead, for customized builds, you would use an
additional python file which contain hooks:

@override
def build(build_context):
    # Gives you a PackageDescription instance
    pkg = get_configured_state().pkg

You can see some examples here:

http://github.com/cournape/toydist/blob/hooks/examples/hook

Note that the branch is "private", though, that is the code may not
end up as is in master. Instead of designing something up front, I
decided to implement the hooks mechanism by adding what I need to
build something like numpy.core with waf within toydist.

Nothing there is set in stone yet, so comments are welcomed there,

cheers,

David