[Numpy-discussion] Memory profiling NumPy code?

Mon Apr 26 05:57:00 CDT 2010

I'd like to profile the memory usage of my application using tools like
e.g. Heapy. However since NumPy arrays are allocated in C they are not
tracked by Python memory profiling.

Does anybody have a workaround to share? I really just want to track a
few arrays in a friendly way from within Python (I am aware of the
existance of C-level profilers).

(It should be possible to work around by using a custom function to
allocate arrays using the Python memory allocater instead, but I'm
hoping somebody else has done it already...)

Dag Sverre