[Numpy-discussion] Incomplete uninstall of 1.4.0 superpack

threexk threexk threexk@hotmail....
Mon Apr 26 11:08:09 CDT 2010

David Cournapeau wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM, threexk threexk <threexk@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently uninstalled the NumPy 1.4.0 superpack for Python 2.6 on Windows
> > 7, and afterward a dialog popped up that said 1 file or directory could not
> > be removed.  Does anyone have any idea which file/directory this is?  The
> > dialog gave no indication.  Is an uninstall log with details generated
> > anywhere?
>
> There should be one in C:\Python*, something like numpy-*-wininst.log

Looks like that log gets deleted after uninstallation (as it probably should), so I still could not figure out which file/directory was not deleted.  I found that \Python26\Lib\site-packages\numpy and many files/directories under it have remained after uninstall.  So, I tried reinstalling 1.4.0 and uninstalling again.  This time, the uninstaller did not report not being able to remove files/directories, but it still did not delete the aforementioned numpy directory.  I believe this is a bug with the uninstaller?

I have most everything closed, so I don't believe there could be any sort of sharing violations.

Thanks,
threexk