[Numpy-discussion] Incomplete uninstall of 1.4.0 superpack

David david@silveregg.co...
Wed Apr 28 00:56:32 CDT 2010

On 04/27/2010 01:08 AM, threexk threexk wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>  > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM, threexk threexk
> <threexk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  > > Hello,
>  > >
>  > > I recently uninstalled the NumPy 1.4.0 superpack for Python 2.6 on
> Windows
>  > > 7, and afterward a dialog popped up that said 1 file or directory
> could not
>  > > be removed. Does anyone have any idea which file/directory this is? The
>  > > dialog gave no indication. Is an uninstall log with details generated
>  > > anywhere?
>  >
>  > There should be one in C:\Python*, something like numpy-*-wininst.log
>
> Looks like that log gets deleted after uninstallation (as it probably
> should), so I still could not figure out which file/directory was not
> deleted. I found that \Python26\Lib\site-packages\numpy and many
> files/directories under it have remained after uninstall. So, I tried
> reinstalling 1.4.0 and uninstalling again. This time, the uninstaller
> did not report not being able to remove files/directories, but it still
> did not delete the aforementioned numpy directory. I believe this is a
> bug with the uninstaller?

Could you maybe post the log (before uninstalling) and list the
remaining files ?

Note though that we most likely won't be able to do much - we do not
have much control over the generated installers,

cheers,

David