[Numpy-discussion] ndimage.label - howto force SWIG to use int32 - even on 64bit Linux ?

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Wed Apr 28 02:16:13 CDT 2010

(2nd try to get this post into the mailing list archive...)

Hi,
I wanted to write some C code to accept labels as they come from ndimage.label.
For some reason ndimage.label produces its output as an int32 array -
even on my 64bit system .

BTW, could this be considered a bug ?

Now, if I use the typemaps of numpy.i I can choose between NPY_LONG and NPY_INT.
But those are sometimes 32 sometimes 64 bit, depending on the system.

Any ideas ... ?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase