[Numpy-discussion] ndimage.label - howto force SWIG to use int32 - even on 64bit Linux ?

Thu Apr 29 16:20:30 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Sebastian Haase <seb.haase@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for those replies.
> But isn't  npy_intp   about pointers ?

At one point perhaps, but how it is used is to get 32 bits on 32 OS's and 64
bits on 64 bit OS's, For the common architectures int will always be 32 bits
regardless, it is the long type that moves around depending on both bits and
os.

> I would need something like    npy_int32  .
> But does that exist ?  Where is the list of types that numpy.i supports ?
> Also, BTW, is there code duplication if numpy.i supports (let's say)
> both npy_int and npy_int32  on a machine, where "int" is already 32
> bits by default !? (I'm talking about the size of the resulting object
> file, I guess...)

Chuck