[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.5.0 beta 1

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud@gmail....
Mon Aug 2 12:24:33 CDT 2010

When I try to build in 3.1.1 (on Ubuntu 9.10) straight from
numpy-1.5.0b1.tar.gz, I get an "ImportError: No module named py3tool"
- is this an external dependency, or is it supposed to be included in
the source distribution?

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first beta of NumPy 1.5.0.
> This will be the first NumPy release to include support for Python 3, as
> well as for Python 2.7. Please try this beta and report any problems on the
> NumPy mailing list.
>
> Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/
> Please note that binaries for Python 3.1 are not yet up, they will follow as
> soon as a minor issue with building them is resolved. Building from source
> with Python 3.1 should work without problems.
>
> Enjoy,
> Ralf

Erik Tollerud