[Numpy-discussion] Changing a matrix element into a scalar

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Tue Aug 3 11:59:52 CDT 2010

Thank you. That's  almost amusing. Too logical for Python. I fully
expected something like m{0}[0](0)[0:0]. :-)

I don't think the tentative Numpy tutorial mentions it.

On 8/3/2010 9:28 AM, PHobson@Geosyntec.com wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> Matrices are two dimensional arrays so you need two indices to access an individual element:
>
> In [1]: from numpy import matrix
>
> In [2]: m = matrix([[1.2],[2.3]])
>
> In [3]: m[0,0]
> Out[3]: 1.2
>
> -paul

              "Republicans are always complaining that government is
               out of control. If they get into power, they will
               prove it." -- R. J. Rourke

                     Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>