[Numpy-discussion] Numexpr: erfc function

Francesc Alted faltet@pytables....
Tue Aug 3 16:46:07 CDT 2010

Hi Till,

2010/8/3, Till Stensitzki <mail.till@gmx.de>:
> Hello,
> I am sorry for contacting you directly,  i tried but i didn't found
> something like a numexpr mailinglist.
> Fist of all, thanks for this modul, it really helps to speed up some of
> my fitting rounties!
> Now for my qustion: Is there any way to add the complementary error
> function (erfc in scipy and c)  to the supported functions?

Yes, it is possible to add more functions to Numexpr indeed.  Just
start looking at how support for some POSIX functions have been added
in file ``missing_posix_functions.inc``, and try to replicate the
support code for, for example, `log1p()`.  It is not complicated, just
time-consuming.  If you end with the suport, just send me the patch
and I'll add it to the repo.

Regarding the mailing list, I don't really think Numexpr would need
one for now.  I suppose that discussion for Numexpr is welcome in
NumPy/SciPy list (and the PyTables list can certainly also be used).

Luck!

--
Francesc Alted