[Numpy-discussion] distutils issue - python 3.1 on windows

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Aug 3 17:25:50 CDT 2010

Mon, 02 Aug 2010 23:48:52 +0800, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> I'm trying to get building to work with Python 3.1 under Wine on OS X.
> The first thing you run into is a python distutils problem, which is
> fixed by replacing line 379 of  cygwinccompiler.py with
>     result = RE_VERSION.search(str(out_string))

Ah yep, cygwinccompiler.py is in Python's distutils, I wondered for a
while where the bug was :)

But actually, I'm now looking at the cygwinccompiler.py source code, and
to me it seems it should be ok. The RE_VERSION is a byte-regular
expression, so it's not obvious why making the input a str would help?

>   File
> "Z:\Users\rgommers\Code\numpy\build\py3k\numpy\distutils
\mingw32ccompiler.py",
> line 177, in link
>     func(*args[:func.__func__.__code__.co_argcount])
> AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute '__func__'

I fixed this in trunk r8595 (cherry-pick to 1.5.x if you find it works).

	Pauli