[Numpy-discussion] Installing numpy with MKL

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Thu Aug 5 17:17:20 CDT 2010

On 2010-08-05, at 4:53 PM, Søren Gammelmark wrote:

> It seems to me, that you are using an libiomp5 for Intel Itanium
> (lib/intel64) or such, but an MKL for EM64T-processors (lib/em64t). In
> my case I used EM64T in all cases (I'm running AMD Opteron) . I don't
> think the two types of libraries are compatible, but I might be wrong.

I don't think lib/intel64 implies Itanium. Indeed, running 'file' on it yields

libiomp5.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

I found this very helpful blog post: http://marklodato.github.com/2009/08/30/numpy-scipy-and-intel.html which seems to get NumPy built for me on the cluster. The key seemed to be changing the 'icc' executable and also explicitly selecting the mkl_mc (or in my case mc3) library to link.

David