[Numpy-discussion] ndarray.copy does not accept keyword argument

Lutz Maibaum lutz.maibaum@gmail....
Thu Aug 12 20:26:34 CDT 2010

According to the docstring, ndarray.copy should accept a keyword argument "order". This doesn't seem to work for me:

>>> np.array([[1,2],[3,4]]).copy(order='C')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: copy() takes no keyword arguments

Calling ndarray.copy with a positional argument seems to work, but this behavior seems inconsistent with the documentation and other occurrences of the "order" keyword. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding the documentation?

Thanks,

  Lutz