[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] Good-bye, sort of

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Fri Aug 13 11:47:26 CDT 2010

2010/7/30 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>

> Hi David
>
> Best of luck with your new position! I hope they don't make you program too
> much MATLAB!

After several years now of writing Python and now having written my first
on-the-job 15 operational MATLAB LOC, all of which are string, cell array,
and file processing, I'm ready to say: "MATLAB: what a PITA!" :-(

DG

> I appreciate your eye for detail in the docs project, and I hope we won't
> lose that.
>
> Kind regards
> Stéfan
>
> On 29 Jul 2010 07:10, "David Goldsmith" <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> July 31 is my last day as paid NumPy/SciPy docs editor/marathon
> coordinator; I'm moving on to a programming data analyst position for the Marine
> Waters Data Management System Project of the Environmental Assessment
> Program in the Washington State Department of Ecology; unfortunately, they
> need me to program in MATLAB, but I plan on continuing to use NumPy, etc.
> for my fractals, etc.  I also intend to continue to contribute to this
> community as a volunteer as my time permits, but you probably will be seeing
> less of me on the lists.  Also, I won't be hosting a Marathon Skypecon this
> Friday (but of course others are free to organize one if they want to.)
>
> Thanks for all your help and support,
>
> David Goldsmith
> Olympia, WA

Privacy is overrated; Identity isn't.