[Numpy-discussion] cython/swigpyrex examples and docs

Sat Aug 14 05:29:38 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:22:33 +0800, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>> > There is a bug report asking for the example files under doc/cython,
>> > doc/swig etc. to be included in the released binaries. This thread,
>> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/26913/
>> focus=26917<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/26913/%0Afocus=26917>
>> ,
>> > seems to indicate the docs should still be integrated in the main
>> > documentation. What do we want to do with the example files, are they
>> > still up to date?
>>
>> There are two points here, I guess:
>>
>> - the files should be integrated to the docs
>>
>> The one file to be integrated is numpy_swig.txt. How about putting it into
> the reference guide as a separate chapter titled "Numpy and SWIG", right
> after "Numpy internals"? It's already in reST format so it's not much work.
>
> The swig/testing.txt file should probably not be included. Cython and Pyrex
> dirs do not have docs.

Actually, testing.txt does look useful for the reference guide too, so I
included it as well. This addresses both your points I think, please have a
look: http://github.com/rgommers/numpy/commits/examples-swig-cython

Cheers,
Ralf