[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] Good-bye, sort of (John Hunter)

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Sun Aug 15 06:02:10 CDT 2010

Den 15. aug. 2010 kl. 04.34 skrev Gary Pajer <gary.pajer@gmail.com>:

> Similar situation here.  Been Matlab-free for about ten years, but
> my new employer ...

Embed Python in a MEX an tell your employer you do MEX development.
Works like a charm ;-)

Or use Matlab's COM integration to run pywin32 as an ActiveX. Or use
Matlab's JVM to run Jython. Just be creative, remember that employers'
HR managers care a lot about buzzword compliance, as they don't
understand the technology themselves.

Sturla

> I started looking at the code, and my stomach sank when I first read
>
> if (nargin = 1)

That's a bug by the way.