[Numpy-discussion] Building f2py extensions on AMD64 with Python 2.7 Numpy 1.5, MSVC 2008 Pro and gfortran

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Aug 16 17:08:17 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no> wrote:

> Thank for the information, David.
>
>> I think the right solution is to build our own libgfortran, but
>> against the MSVC C runtime instead of the mingw runtime. THis is not
>> as crazy as it sounds because scipy does not rely so much on the
>> fortran runtime. Just faking the library (by putting functions which
>> do nothing),
>
> That might work for building SciPy, but not for arbitrary Fortran 95 code.

Actually, it does, you just have to build the whole libgfortran to
support arbitrary code.

> So the options are to use another compiler or run gfortran code in a
> spawned subprocess.

I don't really see how to make that works (that is running gfortran
code in a spawned process), but if you know how to, please go ahead.

David