[Numpy-discussion] Making MATLAB and Python "play nice"

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Fri Aug 20 14:25:28 CDT 2010

Hi!  Please forgive the re-post: I forgot to change the subject line
and I haven't seen a response to this yet, so I'm assuming the former
might be the cause of the latter.  My question follows the quoted
posts.  Thanks!

> From: Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no>
> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] Good-bye, sort of (John
>        Hunter)
> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
>  delsp=yes
>
> There are just two sane solutions for Matlab: Either embed CPyton in a
> MEX file, or use Matlab's JVM to run Jython ;)
>
> http://vader.cse.lehigh.edu/~perkins/pymex.html<http://vader.cse.lehigh.edu/%7Eperkins/pymex.html>
>
> Sturla

> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:33:59 +0100
> From: Robin <robince@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] Good-bye, sort of (John
>        Hunter)
> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>

> Just thought I'd mention another one since this came up:
>
> http://github.com/kw/pymex
> This one works very nicely - it proxies any Python objects so you can
> use, should you want to, the Matlab IDE as a python interpreter,
> supports numpy arrays etc. Also cross-platform - I even got it to work
> with 64 bit matlab/python on windows (in a fork on github).

Thanks for the ideas; are any/all of these "solutions" freely/easily
redistributable?

DG