[Numpy-discussion] further to my previous numpy installation problems

martin djokovic martin.djokovic@gmail....
Mon Aug 23 15:57:36 CDT 2010

First of all sorry about not posting as a reply in the above thread-for some
reason it does not seem to work

So have to post as a new question-sorry about that.

 Ok so got a tar file installed as root, then did

LOCATE NUMPY

 All most all the files found with numpy were in

/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy

Which is where I installed numpy.........

 Both root and user are set to use python 2.4

 However the following were also listed-

I as root can remove them but I am scared that that might mess something
else-should I remove them and try again? I am specially concerned about the
redhat/SOURCES and also the first entry (which I did remove before
installing this time but has come back)

 /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy

/usr/local/share/pymol/ext/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Numeric/_numpy.so

/usr/share/doc/numpy-1.0.3

/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/numpy-1.0.1-f2py.patch

/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/numpy-1.0.3-2.tar.gz

/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/numpy-1.0.3-setup.patch

/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/numpy.spec

/scratch/numpy-1.0.4

/usr/bin/f2py.numpy

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Numeric/_numpy.so

/usr/local/biopython-1.53/numpy

/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Numeric/_numpy.so