[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.5.0 release candidate 1

Thu Aug 26 10:15:14 CDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@bioinformed.com> <
bioinformed@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate
>> of NumPy 1.5.0. This will be the first NumPy release to include support
>> for Python 3, as well as for Python 2.7.
>>
>> Please try this RC and report any problems on the NumPy mailing list.
>> Especially with Python 3 testing will be very useful. On Linux and OS X
>> building from source should be straightforward, for Windows a binary
>> installer is provided.
>>
>> Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/
>>

> Great to hear!  Does this release also add support for building Cython
> extensions using numpy distutils?  The previous hacks I've used no longer
> work with Python 2.7.
>
> No, that hasn't happened yet. For the cython code in numpy and scipy, the C
sources generated from the cython files are checked into svn and those are
built, so cython is not needed for the normal build process.

If you need this now, can you start a separate thread and include your
previous hacks and the error you're getting now?

Cheers,
Ralf