[Numpy-discussion] A Cython apply_along_axis function

David david@silveregg.co...
Wed Dec 1 19:53:43 CST 2010

Hi Keith,

On 12/02/2010 04:47 AM, Keith Goodman wrote:
> It's hard to write Cython code that can handle all dtypes and
> arbitrary number of dimensions. The former is typically dealt with
> using templates, but what do people do about the latter?

The only way that I know to do that systematically is iterator. There is
a relatively simple example in scipy/signal (lfilter.c.src).

I wonder if it would be possible to add better support for numpy
iterators in cython...

cheers,

David