[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.5.1

Sun Dec 5 06:10:56 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker@noaa.gov>wrote:

> On 11/20/10 11:04 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>
>> I am pleased to announce the availability of NumPy 1.5.1.
>>

>  Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/.
>>
>> Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release.
>>

> Yes, thanks so much -- in particular thanks to the team that build the OS-X
> binaries -- looks like a complete set!
>
> It does look like a complete set. And it was named correctly and in sync
with python.org for a single week. From pythonmac list:

"With Python 2.7, there are two Mac OS X installer variants available for
download: the "traditional" 32-bit-only (Intel and PPC) version that
installs and runs on all versions of OS X from 10.3.9 through current
10.6.x; and a new 64-bit/32-bit (Intel only) variant.  As discussed in
http://bugs.python.org/issue9227, there were problems using Tkinter and
IDLE with the original 2.7 64/32 installer.  The problem is that the
only supported non-X11 64-bit Tcl/Tk at the moment is the one supplied
by Apple in 10.6 and the installer tried unsuccessfully to support both
10.5 and 10.6.  For 2.7.1, the 64/32 installer now only supports 10.6.x
and will only use the Apple-supplied Tcl/Tk 8.5.  The 32-bit-only
installer is still built to link with either an Active/State Tcl/Tk 8.4,
if installed in /Library/Frameworks, or fallback to the Apple-supplied
Tcl/Tk 8.4 in OS X 10.4 through 10.6."

So for the next release we'll build the 10.6 binary on 10.6 again. Sigh.

Ralf