[Numpy-discussion] NumPy C-API equivalent of np.float64()

Robert Bradshaw robertwb@math.washington....
Wed Dec 29 01:22:55 CST 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM, John Salvatier
<jsalvati@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Wouldn't that be a cast? You do casts in Cython with <double>(expression)
> and that should be the equivalent of float64 I think.

Or even <numpy.float64_t >(expression) if you've cimported numpy
(though as mentioned this is the same as double on every platform I
know of). Even easier is just to use the expression in a the right
context and it will convert it for you.

- Robert