[Numpy-discussion] Python 2.6 and numpy 1.3.0/1.4.0 from an extension

Peter Notebaert peno@telenet...
Mon Feb 8 11:19:18 CST 2010

I have made an extension that also uses numpy.
I developed with Python 2.6 and numpy 1.4.0
This works all fine.

The problem is that users that use this extension get crahes from the moment
they use the extension and this because of numpy. It crashes when numpy is
initialised.
This because those users have also Python 2.6, but with numpy 1.3.0!!!
This because they installed both via the Pythonxy setup.

How can this be handled that users have different versions of numpy for a
given version of Python. Python has no problem using numpy 1.3.0 or 1.4.0,
so how can I make this possible in my extension?

Thanks for your input