Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Mon Feb 8 16:12:31 CST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Should the release containing the datetime/hasobject changes be called
>>
>> a) 1.5.0
>> b) 2.0.0
>
> My vote goes to b.

I guess Travis' point is that 2.0 implies rather large feature
difference from - say 1.0.0 - and this isn't the case.    On the other
hand, I don't see what substantial difference that makes in the long
run - we can always go to 3.0 for a big rewrite and I don't think
we'll use any users as a result.  On the other hand we might lose
users from an ABI change not easily predicted from the version
numbering.   I guess what I'm saying is we have lots of integers left,
and they are cheap, and I'd also vote for using one up to get round
this little hurdle.

Best,

Matthew