Tommy Grav tgrav@mac....
Mon Feb 8 16:51:08 CST 2010

On Feb 8, 2010, at 5:38 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Travis Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com> wrote:
>>

>> I think we need to make that decision now. It seems to have gotten hung up
>> in conflicts that need to be resolved. How should we go about it? Does the
>> numpy steering council (name?) have a role here.
>>
>> It seems like consensus has been reached on making 1.4.1 an ABI compatible
>> release.
>> The remaining question is what to call the next release of NumPy 1.5 or 2.0.
>
> I am for 1.5 as well, as long as it is marked experimental (the
> installers name would have an experimental tag or something).

Just wanted to chime in as a user of numpy that following the discussion that the
care the developers are taking in deciding issues like this gives me strong confidence
in the software written. All over many thanks to all that has made numpy such an
enormously useful tool in my scientific career!

Cheers
Tommy Grav