Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Mon Feb 8 17:03:25 CST 2010

Hi,

> That is correct. And having failed to find a consensus solution and
> with several of the people doing the actual work disagreeing (which is
> neither you, nor I, nor Darren, nor most readers on this list who have
> weighed in on the discussion phase and may feel miffed about not
> getting a final vote), we move on to a vote from the steering
> committee to formalize that majority.

I'm continuing only because, the discussion has generated some heat,
and I think part of that heat comes from the perception that the
excellent community spirit of the project is somewhat undermined by
the feeling that reasonable arguments are not being fully heard.

More generally I completely agree that the decisions have to be made
by the people doing the work, and that I'm not one of them.   But, the
emphasis of the work on numpy has shifted from development to
maintenance, and I'm still not sure that the discussion thus far has
fully reflected that fact.

I'm really not disagreeing with the decisions made (and if I did, you
could rightly and politely ignore me), but I think the atmosphere of
how the decisions are made is also important.

See you,

Matthew