[Numpy-discussion] Emulate left outer join?

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Wed Feb 10 08:54:49 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2010, at 8:16 PM, John Hunter wrote:

>> and have "totxt", "tocsv". etc... from rec2txt, rec2csv, etc...   I
>> think the functionality of mlab.rec_summarize and rec_groupby is very
>> useful, but the interface is a bit clunky and could be made easier for
>> the common use cases.
>
> Are you going to work on it or should I step in (in a few weeks...).

I don't think I'll have time to do it -- I'm already behind on an mpl
release --  but I'll propose it to Sameer who has done a lot of work
on the  matplotlib.mlab.rec_* methods and see if he has some time for
it.

Thanks,
JDH