[Numpy-discussion] numpy 2.0, what else to do?

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Sat Feb 13 21:52:15 CST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Xavier Gnata <xavier.gnata@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > IMHO 2.0 should support python3.
> > That would be a major step and a good reason to call it 2.0.
>
> I agree with Travis, I think we should try not to attach too much
> importance to the big number change, release 2.0 just taking care of

Sounds to me like you don't fully agree w/ Travis - he said "This is exactly
what I was worried about with calling the next release 2.0."  Seems that
Travis understands that the larger community, whether we want them to or
not, _does_ "attach...much importance to [a] big number change" and wants to
avoid calling the next release 2.0 precisely because he recognizes that the
changes we do think we can make in three weeks don't warrant that magnitude
of a number change.  But then, perhaps I shouldn't speak for Travis, sorry
Travis. ;-)

DG