[Numpy-discussion] numpy 2.0, what else to do?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sun Feb 14 06:40:17 CST 2010

On 14 February 2010 01:23, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that there should be absolutely no change whatsoever, for two reasons:
>  - the release is in a few weeks, it is too late to change much. The
> whole datetime issue happened because the change came too late, I
> would hope that we avoid the same mistake.

I agree with David; we should not rush to include any new, untested
features now.  That is what 2.1 is for.

Having seen the response to 2.0, I realise that the concerns raised by
myself, Travis and others regarding the community's views on the
significance of "2.0" were warranted (i.e., we have some of the data
Robert Kern was referring to!).

To quote an old war poster, let's "keep calm and carry on."

Cheers
Stéfan