[Numpy-discussion] Python 3 porting

Mon Feb 15 11:23:13 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> ma, 2010-02-15 kello 10:18 -0600, Bruce Southey kirjoitti:
> [clip]
> > Is there a correct way to get Python3.1 to find the relative path on
> Linux?
> > I can change the import statement to work but I do not think that is
> viable.
>
> You need to use relative imports. 2to3 should be able to take care of
> this.
>
> [clip]
> >    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/site-packages/numpy/lib/__init__.py",
> > line 1, in <module>
> >      from info import __doc__
> > ImportError: No module named info
>
> That statement should read
>
>        from .info import __doc__
>
> and indeed, it reads like that for me. Check how it is in
> build/py3k/numpy/lib/__init__.py
>
> Most likely you interrupted the build by Ctrl+C and 2to3 did not finish
> the conversion of the files to Python3 format. Try removing the build/
> directory and trying again -- if you interrupt it, 2to3 may not have
> finished running.
>
> Of course, it should be more robust, but at the moment, it isn't
> (patches welcome).

Segfaults:

test_multiarray.TestNewBufferProtocol.test_export_simple_1d ... FAIL
test_multiarray.TestNewBufferProtocol.test_export_simple_nd ... ok
test_multiarray.TestNewBufferProtocol.test_export_subarray ... FAIL
test_multiarray.TestNewBufferProtocol.test_roundtrip ... Segmentation fault

Are there changes you haven't pushed to github? I don't want to be making
fixes that already exist. It would also be easier to work on this if the
current state was in the main repository so that the rest of us could push
changes.

Chuck