[Numpy-discussion] numpy 2.0, what else to do?

Mon Feb 15 16:04:33 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I was wondering about that. Why do we have a private include directory?
> > Would it make more sense to move it to core/include/numpy/private.
>
> No, the whole point is to avoid other packages to include that by
> mistake, to avoid namespace pollution.

Isn't that what the npy prefix is for? In any case, if it needs to be at a
higher level for easy inclusion, then it should move up. Or else all the c
code should move down. Having a mix of obj_ptr->ob_type and Py_TYPE(obj_ptr)
is just asking for trouble. Mindless consistency is the safest policy in
such things.

Chuck