[Numpy-discussion] Updating Packages in 2.5 (win/numpy) and Related Matters

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Tue Feb 16 23:10:32 CST 2010

Hi, I'm working on a 1800+ line program that uses tkinter. Here are the
messages I started getting recently. (I finally figured out how to copy
them.). The program goes merrily on its way despite them.

s\sentuser>sentuser_20080716NoiseStudy7.py
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\misc\__init__.py:25:
DeprecationWarning: Num
pyTest will be removed in the next release; please update your code to
use nose
or unittest
   test = NumpyTest().test
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py:23:
DeprecationWarning:
NumpyTest will be removed in the next release; please update your code
to use no
se or unittest
   test = NumpyTest().test
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\linalg\__init__.py:32:
DeprecationWarning: N
umpyTest will be removed in the next release; please update your code to
use nos
e or unittest
   test = NumpyTest().test
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\optimize\__init__.py:19:
DeprecationWarning:
  NumpyTest will be removed in the next release; please update your code
to use n
ose or unittest
   test = NumpyTest().test
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\stats\__init__.py:15:
DeprecationWarning: Nu
mpyTest will be removed in the next release; please update your code to
use nose
  or unittest
   test = NumpyTest().test
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"C:\Users\Wayne\Sandia_Meteors\Sentinel_Development\Development_Sentuser+
Utilities\sentuser\sentuser_20080716NoiseStudy7.py", line 1993, in <module>
     Process()
   File
"C:\Users\Wayne\Sandia_Meteors\Sentinel_Development\Development_Sentuser+
Utilities\sentuser\sentuser_20080716NoiseStudy7.py", line 1990, in Process
     root.mainloop()
   File "C:\Python25\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1023, in mainloop

On 2/16/2010 4:32 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> Wayne Watson wrote:
>
>> I normally use IDLE on Win, but recently needed to go to command prompt
>> to see all error messages. When I did, I was greeted by a host of
>> deprecation and Numpy messages before things got running. The program
>> otherwise functioned OK, after I found the problem I was after. Are
>> these messages a warning to get to the next update of numpy?
>>
>> I would guess that updating to a higher update does not mean I need to
>> remove the old one, correct?
>>
>> In general for libraries like numpy or scipy, I use win32 updates, but I
>> see win32-p3 updates too on download pages. Since I may be distributing
>> this program to p3 machines, will I need to provide the win32-p3 updates
>> to those users?
>>
> I am not familiar with IDLE, so I don't really understand your problem:
> 	- what triggers numpy warnings ? You talked about a program, but
> without knowing which program, we can't really help you.
> 	- What warnings do you get ?
> 	- What is win32-p3 updates ?
>
> cheers,
>
> David

             "There is nothing so annoying as to have two people
              talking when you're busy interrupting." -- Mark Twain