[Numpy-discussion] Unit Tests failing daily for 2 months

Wed Feb 17 11:18:25 CST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Christopher Hanley <chanley@stsci.edu>wrote:

> > I don't see these here. What architecture/compiler/os ?
> >

> The system architecture is 2 * Intel Xeon with hyperthreading.  The OS
> is Red Hat Enterprise (RHE) 4 64-bit running Python 2.5.4.  The C
> compiler being used is GCC 3.4.6.  No Fortran compiler is being used.

My mistake on the buildbot os, it was FreeBSD.

> > That's new to me.
>
> Darn.  I was hoping this was old news.
>

> > These two also fail on the buildbot Mac and have for some time. If you
> are
> > able to reproduce them on an available machine that will be helpful in
> > tracking them down.
> >

> We can reproduce these problems on our RHE machine.  A quick check of
> our logs from last night doesn't seem to indicate a problem on our
> Intel Mac 10.5 systems.  However if there is something you want me to
> try just let me know what you need.

It doesn't seem related to python version, but may be related to compiler
version. For FreeBSD:

Python version 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Dec 15 2008, 12:04:33) [GCC 3.4.6
[FreeBSD] 20060305]

Chuck