[Numpy-discussion] Calling routines from a Fortran library using python

David Cournapeau david@silveregg.co...
Thu Feb 18 03:32:18 CST 2010

Nils Wagner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a static  library (*.a) compiled by gfortran but no
> source files.
> How can I call routines from that library using python ?

Is there any kind of interface (.h, etc...) ? If this is a proprietary
library, there has to be something so that it can be called from C, and
anything that can be called from C can be called from python. If you
don't know at least the functions signatures, it will be very difficult
(you would have to disassemble the code to find how the functions are
called, etc...).

cheers,

David