[Numpy-discussion] Calling routines from a Fortran library using python

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Thu Feb 18 04:07:23 CST 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:32:18 +0900
  David Cournapeau <david@silveregg.co.jp> wrote:
> Nils Wagner wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a static  library (*.a) compiled by gfortran but
>>no
>> source files.
>> How can I call routines from that library using python ?
>
> Is there any kind of interface (.h, etc...) ? If this is
>a proprietary
> library, there has to be something so that it can be
>called from C, and
> anything that can be called from C can be called from
>python. If you
> don't know at least the functions signatures, it will be
>very difficult
> (you would have to disassemble the code to find how the
>functions are
> called, etc...).
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Hi David,

you are right. It's a proprietary library.
I found a header file (*.h) including prototype
declarations of externally callable procedures.

How can I proceed ?

Thank you again.

Cheers,

                    Nils