[Numpy-discussion] Calling routines from a Fortran library using python

Thu Feb 18 11:22:00 CST 2010

Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
> If it is not compiled with -fPIC, you can't statically link it into any
> shared library, it has to be statically linked into the final executable
> (so the standard /usr/bin/python will never work).

Shows you what I (don't) know!

The joys of closed-source software!

On a similar topic -- is it possible to convert a *.so to a static lib?
(on OS-X)? I did a bunch a googling a while back, and couldn't figure it
out.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov