[Numpy-discussion] Request for testing

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sun Feb 21 04:33:48 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would be much obliged if some folks would run the attached script and
> report the output, numpy version, and python version. It just runs
> np.isinf(np.inf), which raises an "invalid value" warning with current
> numpy. As far as I can see the function itself hasn't changed since
> numpy1.3, yet numpy1.3 & python2.5 gives no such warning.

This is most likely a bug in isinf or how we use it - the warning is
not new, but was hidden before because of the FPU error stage set to
ignore instead of warning. I am afraid dealing with this correctly
cannot be done in a short time frame: the issues are quite subtle, and
very platform dependent.

cheers,

David