[Numpy-discussion] datetime uses API deprecated in python3.1

Mon Feb 22 13:26:12 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> su, 2010-02-21 kello 20:17 +0200, Pauli Virtanen kirjoitti:
>> [clip]
>> > The Capsule API seems pretty much the same as the CObject API. (Why the
>> > name change?) We can probably #define PyCapsule_* compatibility defines
>> > in npy_3kcompat.h that use PyCObject on 2.x, and use the real thing on
>> > 3.x.
>>
>> Btw, I read that PyCObjects are completely gone on Python 3.2, so
>> apparently we *have* to make this transition.
>>

> It does look like the old interface can be emulated with the new objects,
> but the need for a 'name' might cause trouble. I suppose that will depend on
> how the current objects are used.

List of files containing string PyCObject

numpy/numarray/include/numpy/libnumarray.h
numpy/numarray/_capi.c
numpy/core/include/numpy/ndarrayobject.h
numpy/core/src/multiarray/common.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/descriptor.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/multiarraymodule.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/getset.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/convert_datatype.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/arraytypes.c.src
numpy/core/src/multiarray/scalartypes.c.src
numpy/core/src/multiarray/scalarapi-merge.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/ctors.c.save
numpy/core/src/multiarray/usertypes.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/scalarapi.c
numpy/core/src/multiarray/ctors.c
numpy/core/src/umath/ufunc_object.c
numpy/core/src/umath/umathmodule.c.src
numpy/core/code_generators/generate_numpy_api.py
numpy/core/code_generators/generate_ufunc_api.py
numpy/lib/type_check.py
numpy/random/mtrand/Python.pxi
numpy/f2py/src/fortranobject.c
numpy/f2py/cb_rules.py
numpy/f2py/rules.py
numpy/f2py/cfuncs.py

It looks like context is the new name for desc, so that
PyCObject_FromVoidPtrAndDesc can be implemented as two calls.

I think it is a bit tricky to implement these as macros, getting the return
back from a multi call substitution can be doable with a comma expression,
but I think a better route is to define our own library of compatible
functions, prepending npy_ to the current PyCObject functions.

Chuck