[Numpy-discussion] Building Windows binaries on OS X

David Cournapeau david@silveregg.co...
Wed Feb 24 05:19:51 CST 2010

Ralf Gommers wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com
> <mailto:cournape@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     So here is how I see things in the near future for release:
>     - compile a simple binary installer for mac os x and windows (no need
>     for doc or multiple archs) from 1.4.x
>     - test this with the scipy binary out there (running the full test
>     suites), ideally other well known packages as well (matplotlib,
>     pytables, etc...).
>     - if it works for you, or you cannot easily test it, put it for wide
>     testing as a basis for the 1.4.0.1 binary
>     - if it works, make a RC1 for Numpy 1.4.0.1 ("full" binaries).
>
>     I think we need to push this ASAP to recover from the current
>     confusion w.r.t. binaries.
>
> That's a sensible plan, I'll start on it right away.

Great. Let me know of any glitch.

> Just to double-check, can the 1.4.x branch be released as-is? How about
> the version, the version scheme major.minor.micro does not allow for
> your proposed 1.4.0.1. Do you want to just drop the last .1 or make this
> 1.4.1?

Yes, 1.4.1 is fine. There are a few fixes besides the ABI fix now, so no
need to complicate things further.

I think 1.4.x can serve as the basis for 1.4.1 as is. I have not checked
recently if it builds OK on MS compiler, but not much has changed.

cheers,

David