[Numpy-discussion] Building Windows binaries on OS X

Patrick Marsh patrickmarshwx@gmail....
Wed Feb 24 08:17:07 CST 2010

This sounds good to me.  I also like the idea of doing this in parallel so
we both have a complete set of binaries - at least on the Windows side.  I'm
still having issues with my MBP, but hope to have those resolved later
today.

Patrick

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> So here is how I see things in the near future for release:
>> - compile a simple binary installer for mac os x and windows (no need
>> for doc or multiple archs) from 1.4.x
>> - test this with the scipy binary out there (running the full test
>> suites), ideally other well known packages as well (matplotlib,
>> pytables, etc...).
>> - if it works for you, or you cannot easily test it, put it for wide
>> testing as a basis for the 1.4.0.1 binary
>> - if it works, make a RC1 for Numpy 1.4.0.1 ("full" binaries).
>>
>> I think we need to push this ASAP to recover from the current
>> confusion w.r.t. binaries.
>>
>> That's a sensible plan, I'll start on it right away.
>
> Just to double-check, can the 1.4.x branch be released as-is? How about the
> version, the version scheme major.minor.micro does not allow for your
> proposed 1.4.0.1. Do you want to just drop the last .1 or make this 1.4.1?
>

> Patrick, are you okay with David's plan as well? Do you want to do this in
> parallel so we both generate a complete set of binaries?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

Patrick Marsh
Ph.D. Student / NSSL Liaison to the HWT
School of Meteorology / University of Oklahoma
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
National Severe Storms Laboratory
http://www.patricktmarsh.com