[Numpy-discussion] read ascii file with quote delimited strings

Sam Tygier Sam.Tygier@hep.manchester.ac...
Fri Feb 26 11:42:36 CST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 07:56 +0000, numpy-discussion-request@scipy.org
wrote:
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:56:43 -0800
> From: Chris Barker <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov>
> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] read ascii file with quote delimited
>         strings
> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
>
> Warren Weckesser wrote:
> > Does each column always contain the same number of characters?  That
> >is, are the field widths always the same?  If so, you can ...
>

> if not, I'd use the std lib csv module, then convert to numpy arrays,
> not as efficient, but it should be easy.
>
> -Chris

thanks, using cvs works.

do you think it would be useful for this functionality to be added to
loadtxt(), or would it be good to have a loadcsv() function?

sam