[Numpy-discussion] testing binary installer for OS X

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Fri Feb 26 11:53:32 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > So Ralf need to be sure that scipy was compiled against, say, numpy1.3.
>>
>> I think I mixed up some things then,
>> scipy 0.7.1 cython files should be regenerated with the latest cython
>> release so that it doesn't check the sizeof anymore.
>> Then, a scipy 0.7.1 build against numpy 1.3 would also work without
>> recompiling against numpy 1.4.1
>>
>> Is this correct?
>>

> Yes, but the aim of 1.4.1 is that it should work with the existing binaries
> of scipy, i.e., it should be backward compatible with no changes in dtype
> sizes and such so that even files generated with the old cython shouldn't
> cause problems.

We had this discussion but David said that this is impossible, binary
compatibility doesn't remove the (old) cython problem.

Josef