[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy Windows Superpack

Sun Feb 28 08:49:21 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Patrick Marsh <patrickmarshwx@gmail.com>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been trying to build the numpy superpack on windows using the
> binaries posted by David.  Unfortunately,  I haven't even been able to
> correctly write the site.cfg file to locate all three sets of binaries
> needed for the superpack.  When I manually specify to use only the sse3
> binaries, I can get numpy to build from trunk, but it fails miserably when
> running the test suite.  In fact, in python26, the tests freeze python and
> causes it to exit.  I figured I'd try to get this set up correctly before
> even trying to compile the cpucaps nsis plugin.
>
> If someone has successfully used David's binaries would they be willing to
> share their site.cfg?  Thanks in advance.

I haven't been able to finish the binaries just yet, but I got this to work.
Without needing a site.cfg file, the paver script should be enough. In
pavement.py:
NOSSE_CFG = {'BLAS': r'/Users/rgommers/.wine/drive_c/local/bin/yop/nosse',
             'LAPACK': r'/Users/rgommers/.wine/drive_c/local/bin/yop/nosse'}

Then:
$ paver bdist_superpack
<SNIP>

  FOUND:
    libraries = ['lapack', 'blas']
    library_dirs = ['/Users/rgommers/.wine/drive_c/local/bin/yop/nosse']
    define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 1)]
    language = f77

<etc>

Cheers,