[Numpy-discussion] TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Mon Jan 11 21:45:29 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Jankins <andyjian430074@gmail.com> wrote:
> linalg has no attribute "eigen".

You should post full tracebacks. I don't understand this error,
because before eigen seemed to exist.

You could run the test suite to see if the installation is ok and
sparse is working correctly.

>>> import scipy.sparse
>>> scipy.sparse.test()

which is for me:
Ran 442 tests in 139.500s
OK (KNOWNFAIL=4, SKIP=11)
<nose.result.TextTestResult run=442 errors=0 failures=0>

If there are installation problems, then I have no idea since I'm a
(happy) Windows user.

Josef